In preparation for each session, the catechist should take the time to create a prayerful learning environment. Catechists should arrive at least 45 minutes prior to the start of the session.
After checking in with the office for announcements, mail, resources, etc.
1) Place the tables, chairs, desks, etc. in an organized arrangement.
2) Create a seating arrangment by placing names (eg. name tents) on tables or desks.
3) Write the schedule on the board. Include the main idea of the lesson
4) Have all supplies, textbooks, Bibles, and resources available for immediate use.
5) Arrange the prayer space
6) If there is a snack, prepare it ahead of tme and have it ready to be distributed at a specific time.
7) Welcome children as they arrive. Ask them to begin their first learning activity.